Thursday, September 22, 2011

Little Victories

Well today was interesting. My day started out by waking up in my sports bra at 6:30am with Mickey on my feet. Now half of this is not an odd occurance, but when I stood up and immediately fell back down, I knew this was not any ordinary hang over. So I did what any self respecting girl does...Laid back down, closed my eyes and promised that I would NEVER drink again. That lasted until about noon when I was ready for a cocktail :)

So finally around 8:00...fine 8:15...OK 8:47, I drug myself out of bed, cursed my apartment complex for not having an elevator, cursed myself for not having a Segway with attachable dog walking component and made my way through the cold rainy morning walk. Coupled with the general down-ness of the last few days, this day was not off to a great start.

But by the time I got to work and started to actually live in the day (and suffer the hangover), I somehow got through. I laughed out loud. I hadn't realized it until today, but that was probably the first real laugh I heard from myself in a few weeks. It felt awesome. It was almost euphoric in fact. I value laughter and its effects very much. Win #1.

Day passes and weather gets worse, which I actually kind of liked. Cancelled my softball lessons, came home and still feeling post-hangover effects thought about the treadmill. Luckily, Coach Synthia kicked in tonight. She made me get on the treadmill, increase the speed, increase the time, and sweat last nights beer off. Great workout, Win #2.

And now at this point, I was thinking, this has been a good day. I should run upstairs, take some Nyquil, call it a day and bow out while all is well, George Costanza style. Then that damn Coach showed up again and put my butt in the chair and pulled out not just my GMAT study guide, but the "Advanced" book that someone tricked me into thinking was a great idea. Sometimes after studying out of this book, I like to make flash cards with basic addition just to rebuild my ego. Good news is that I have mastered all addition under the number 10...any shot that will be on the exam? Anyway, I started working in the hard book, and I got things right. I didn't get them all right, no no no no no. But I got some right, and that my fine friends is a little something I like to call progress. Look it up if you need to :) Win #3.

So now that I have completed the grand trifecta I would like to call my day, I think it's time to sit back, relax, and catch up on Gossip Girl...WIN or FAIL? I'm not sure here, but I'm ok with it!

As a side note, I know that there are some of you who have been reading, and I would love some feedback just to know who's out there! Not you, Hogan.

4 comments:

  1. isn't this what Michael calls win, win, win?, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, that might be the funniest thing you've ever said. When did you start watching the Office? Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a laugh for you:
    A woman goes to the doctor, and says to him "Doc, you gotta help me. I'm farting all the time! They don't make any noise, or any smell, but it makes me really uncomfortable to have this problem!"
    The doctor nods, and he gives her a bottle of pills and he says "Just take one of these with each meal and come back next week."
    The next week she comes back, and she says "Doc, those pills just made things worse! I'm still farting all the time, but now they smell TERRIBLE!"
    "Okay," the doctor says. "That's fixed your sense of smell. Now let's work on your hearing."

    Yes, it's lowbrow, I know. But the ribald jokes probably aren't appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I think is a very funny joke! On a side note I always think that silent farts are the killers.

    ReplyDelete