Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Breaking the Rules

Ok I am doing something I swore I would not do as soon as I decide to start blogging. Writing on a sad night. However, I managed to justify this post because I am not using this as an arena to vent my feelings but instead explore the inner works of how to cope with being down.

As the point of this whole blog is to understand how the life of a single 20-something is supposed to play out, what do people do to cope with the sadness that inevitably creeps in?

It's been two weeks since he left. Last week wasn't awful. I got to work every day, I fed myself, the dog was taken care of, and I even managed to have a few smiles and good days.

This week has not been the same success. Perhaps it's reality setting in a little more and coming to grips with the changes that I was able to dismiss last week. Life is not bad, I get that, I'm not trying to say that it is. I am not "unfortunate", in fact I am quite the opposite.

So allow me to progress from "how do you spend your time?" to "how do you spend your 'down' time?". So far, my best attempts have involved watching Project Runway, and since I watched the last DVRed episode last night, I am counting on Mickey's sheer wit to get me through the evening. Oh boy, I'm in trouble.

0 comments:

Post a Comment