Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fall in Atlanta

Despite the rainy weather this morning, there is a certain coolness in the air that can only mean 1 thing: FALL IS HERE! For anyone who has never had the joy of living in Atlanta during the fall, this is the single best time of year in this city. The leaves start turning, the temperature is just cool enough to not be cold, and the activities are unparalleled. I'm pretty psyched.

Anyway, in an attempt to maximize my enjoyment of this beautiful season upcomming, I want to try and get a handle on all of the amazing festivals and events that are just around the corner. I know that I will be going to Decatur Beer Fest on October 15, going to a Clemson game Oct. 8, and other than that, I am pretty open to suggestions.

So what I am hoping for is any reccommendations for Atlanta Fall "Must-Dos". What are the events that you look forward to all year that I have been missing out on? Anything dog friendly is also a plus!

And although the official start of Fall is this Friday, I would like to make a pre-emptive toast to what is arguably the actual "most wonderful time of the year".

7 comments:

  1. For me (and damn you all), a day trip to Dahlonega, with a picnic on the square listening to the the bluegrass, followed by a trip to Amicalola Falls...is a must.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...and dont forget the pumpkin ale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You gotta squeeze in a trip to North Georgia for apples! Plus, the North Georgia Fair is always a "must-do" in the Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps I can work Dahlonega Square into my GMAT day. And as for the pumpkin beer, I have a few nice ones on my shelf I'll be ready to crack open in the next few weeks.

    Carla, let me know if you guys are going to the Fair the fall, maybe I'll come join you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sent you a recipe for Pumpkin Spice Martinis. Have it on good authority they are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just received this link for Fall stuff to-dos.
    http://www.atlanta.net/camp/culinary/week2.aspx?ucid=ME2011-001139

    ReplyDelete