Monday, September 19, 2011

Getting Motivated

So it turns out that Coach Synthia has not been as successful a motivator for Everyday Synthia as she is for 10-14 year old girls. Perhaps that's because I can't chase myself out of the dugout. Or maybe it's really hard to take myself seriously when I tell myself to take a lap, because I know if I don't do it, I just can't stay mad at this face!

A minor set back over the weekend, taking a practice GMAT exam and doing much more poorly than I had hoped and been working very hard for. It has forced me to question everything that I feel I am working towards, and I fear this might be a hard obstacle to overcome. I didn't want to study yesterday, so I didn't. I don't want to study tonight, but I think I have to. This is not how I want to try and learn, this is not how I will be successful. I'm not sure where I stand and where I am going, so I feel as though I am grasping for footing somewhere. There's no one to catch me if I fall, so I have to get my feet on something before I slip. I need a little help getting pumped up again. We all need a cheerleader.

So where can we pull motivation from when it does not feel readily available? When quitting your job and packing the car as full as you can get it and driving to somewhere a week away seems the best idea you've got, how do you talk yourself out of it? If I were bowling right now, I would ask the manager to put the bumpers up, just to give me a little help finding the right direction. Obviously there are no bumpers here, if there were, Mickey would have chewed them to pieces anyway.

0 comments:

Post a Comment