Monday, July 16, 2012

A New Cindy Lou Who?

When I started this blog, I was in a very transitional phase of my life. Picking up pieces of who I was and trying to combine them into some image that made enough of a whole to move forward.

Tomorrow will be 2 years to the day of when I walked away from my life as I knew it. Literally just walked out. And set myself along a very rocky path that has been the last two years. A slew of fallen through plans; a veritable Boulevard of Broken dreams (not sure why I feel intent on making a Green Day Reference...I guess it was something unpredicatble but in the end, it's right). But it's been a long journey and Cindy Lou Who has been a very meaningful practice in transparency and reflection.

And while I have never considered myself a writer, I've used this medium as a therapy several times throughout my life, and it's always been a fantastic outlet. Cindy Lou Who has been no exception to this rule. But now, as I am closing the book on the last 2 years, and looking forward to the next however many years it may be, I've realized that I don't feel the need to write as much.

Now, I'm sure that I just ruined your week with the thought that you might not get to read about my glamorous life, or the hysterical musings of my Mickey. But that's not what I'm saying at all. This is a good thing. I feel bright and shiny again. Not dark and twisty. I went back and read a lot of my posts from last fall, when I first started writing again, and I don't recognize that girl. But not in a bad way, very much in a good way. I had goals for things that I wanted to learn how to do, how to make myself better, and how to set myself up to move forward positively. And I really think I've done that.

And as I'm coming up on what is a big anniversary in my personal life, I have to go back further. I may not recognize myself from 10 months ago, but I really have NO idea who that girl from 2 years ago was. Or where I lost myself so much along the way. But I guess it's easy to lose something that you had never really found. All I mean to say here is that I've been quiet because I've been good. Not much on my mind, just doin my thang. Learning my new city, enjoying some new friends and really just doing whatever I feel like.

So here's my dilemma. I don't want to stop writing. But I want to change the direction of Cindy Lou Who. Give it some focus and write about something FUN that's more than just a space for me to rant and rave. It might be a food blog, it might be a beer blog to go along with the newly forming beer club I'm working on with some friends. It might be a things to do in Richmond blog (but then I start losing some of my Atlanta base). Maybe I'll just post daily pictures of Mickey dressed up in funny outfits. Really, this could go lots of ways. But stay tuned, there will be some overhaul to the site. Much as there has been to myself- so you can atleast be sure that it will be for the better!

1 comment: