Thursday, January 5, 2012

Will You Be a Follower?

I'm sure that based on the title of this post, you are all wondering what powerfully deep topic I'm going to vent about in regards to "following". Follow your heart? Follow the norm? Follow the leader?

Nope.

Follow ME!

Literally. One of the main goals for any blogger is to gain traction and followers. I've been reading a lot on how to do this, and there does not appear to be any concensus among blogging experts out there as to the best way to increase comments and followers on a blog. So I've decided to try my own method. Begging. Ya, not my proudest moment, but given that I've already openly admitted that I can't ride a bike or swim, I have to imagine this can't be the breaking point for any of you that have returned.

I ask of you, my friends and readers, if you have ever read more than, let's call it 3 posts, just click the button and follow me, join my site. It seems like such a simple and easy request in return for all of the humor and wisdom that I provide you with week to week. Right?....R-right??

Anyway, I know you guys are out there reading, my increasing numbers tell me this. So just make it legit. And check in every now and then, leave a comment or two if something is on your mind. I know some of you leave comments on Facebook- and I love it. But it's time to join the Blog-olution (I just made that word up, could you tell?), leave your thoughts here for everyone to see. Maybe even pass me along, help me gain some traffic. I can't do it alone! People helpin' people, remember?

Let's see if we can get 20 new followers out of this. Becuase if this "begging" method works, then I can go out and comment on the experts blogs and tell them that I have a new and better way to do it. And maybe I'll even share some of the credit with y'all! (I said MAYBE) 

2 comments:

  1. I went to this other blog, and do you know what I did? I read the full month of December!
    And you know what I did next? I left a comment!
    This next blog I went to, it had pictures...ya... and comments...ya... and lots of stories...yaaaa, and you know what I did? I left another comment!!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGeKSiCQkPw

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mickey

    Mickey, I told you to stay off the computer when I'm not home!

    ReplyDelete