Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Fresh Start

This has probably been my longest break since I started blogging at the end of last summer. So much has been going on with my recent move to Virginia, starting a new job, and just living a whole new life in general.

I haven't really had time to stop and think about anythiing for almost 2 weeks it feels like. But now, I'm mostly moved into my apartment, Mickey has taken up residence in a new closet, and I finally have groceries in the pantry, that's how I know I've really arrived.

Even though I've only had 2 days at work, I've been more mentally drained from my two days here than I was from my last year and a half combined. I honestly believe that. I think after my last post, my poor brain wasn't anticipating ever being engaged again. Wake up call!

And while I have so many things lingering on my mind, whether it be the sadness about walking away from my coaching gig, missing my nephew's birthday pool party, or just the general feeling of living somewhere that I don't have a comfort zone, they have all taken a back seat to how do I get home from work, where is the local DMV, and what do I need to do to get my insurance policies rewritten?? I'm excited to be here and still totally convinced that this is the right decision, but also totally fearful that I am going to wake up in 2 weeks and realize that I'm a lot more lonely than I thought.

It's hard to make new friends at my age without a cover for it. Everyone at work is already buddied up. I found a tennis team but they have cancelled all upcomming practices due to the heat (don't even get me started on this) and I don't think that going out to a bar all alone is really the best idea for a single girl in town. I'm relying heavily on my connections in the area, and trust that these will serve me well. But for now, for tonight, I am putting all of this aside and relying on the fact that I am so wiped out from this week already that my best option is to go to bed so that I can get up early in the morning for my workout and run.

I hope I don't wake up 5 years from now and realize that's how I've gotten through the last 5 years though...

1 comment:

  1. Would love to reconnect - it has been a long time since freshman yr but I am always happy to have a new happy hour friend!

    ReplyDelete