Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I'm Still Alive!

I haven't written in a while, and I apologize for that. Especially since I know most of you wake up every morning, rush to your computer, and immediately log on to see what inspiring words of wisdom, or great new Mickey jokes I've posted next. I have let you down, I'm sorry.

And for the 97% of you, who just check it out when I paste the link everywhere, welcome back!

I must say, I had no idea the kind of traffic that I have been getting on my page. I added a hit counter last week just to get an idea of how many views I am getting, and while I was thinking that I was maybe somewhere upwards of 100 views over the last almost 2 months, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I am now at almost 1,000 views!

So thank you to the more than 5 of you that are actually logging on and reading the words I write. It's really a pretty cool thing and encourages me to keep writing! And before you all reach the same conclusion, NO, I do not log on 75 times a day! I've limited myself to 63, MAX. Please do continue to check in and pass along. Oh ya, and COMMENT! I would still like to increase the number of comments and followers. So if there are any other bloggers out there that have any suggestions, I am all...well ears technically. Eyes, maybe? Puns don't really translate perfectly to the digital world, do they? Oh well...

Anyway, I haven't posted in a while and I thought it was time to add some content. I've had several ideas for what I thought were interesting and entertaining posts, however I've yet to fully develop any of them into full blown concepts. They have ranged from an exposé of Diet Coke and the effects of the average female in the work force to a fabulous idea I had where we take all of the HOV lanes that people already don't use in Georgia and start CHARGING people to use them- but only on 85 North. Oh wait...they already beat me to that. Apparently people don't like the Peach Pass after all...weird.

So then I just decided to sit down and give everyone a debrief on my last week or so. There has been so much happening! Last weekend, I went to the Decatur Craft Beer Fest- a Saturday afternoon Beer Festival on the Decatur Square. It was just fantastic. Good weather, good friends, GREAT time. There is no reason that anyone should ever not go to this event...ever. I am already stalking the website for 2012 tickets.

Then I spent the past week studying for my GMAT exam which I finally took this past Saturday. And it went pretty well, I must say! I beat the minimum score that I was willing to not cry about, but I didn't get quite as high as I had hoped. All in all, I feel as though I succeeded, even if my final score left me with a subtle feeling of mediocrity. I did what I set out to do, and I think that was "enough". And then to cap off the weekend, I had my final softball game of the fall with my girls. And I couldn't have been proud of the progress they made. My star pitcher struck out the side in the first inning, hitters swung aggressively, and the shyest girl on the team FINALLY said her first words of the season. Could not have asked for much more. Ok, maybe a win, but with all the good that came out of the game, it's hard to get too caught up (Note: This concept will be mentioned in a future post about a current book that I am reading "Inside Out Coaching"- If there are any other youth coaches reading this, go out and buy it now, such a wonderful message!).

So now that the exam is behind me, and I do not have to spend my evenings forcing myself to study, I have turned my attentions towards my next endeavor, being the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean! OK fine, that was Amelia Earhart, but still I am flying across the Atlantic, just neither solo nor the first woman. I leave Thursday evening for my long anticipated vacation to Nice. I could not be more excited! I have taken roughly 1 day off of work in the last 8 months. This is a long time in the making. A week on the French Riviera. There are worse things. Not to mention, U of Miami has the Thursday night game this week, so it's the perfect opportunity to get to the airport early, have a few beers and watch the U just in time ot fall asleep on my 10:40pm flight! I've been shopping, and shopping, and shopping! Whether it's for American products that my hosts have requested or for new clothes that I need to keep up with the elite of the Côte d'Azur, I have certainly spent more than I made in softball lessons this month! But that's ok I think, I don't spoil myself often. And I have to give a major shout out to my friend Tonya who has so kindly hooked me up with some amazing new pieces that are either showroom samples or designer hand me downs. Thank you for sending me off in style!

Tonight, I am packing. Ok, fine, after this post I will pack. Of course, once I catch up on Gossip Girl and Greys Anatomy then the packing REALLY begins. Assuming Mickey doesn't want to play or my dance party kicks into high gear. Yes, I will most certainly be packing tomorrow night. Sigh...

Oh ya, that brings me to Mickey- I know that everyone is wondering what he's been doing while I've been so busy! Well, this weekend, I'm not exactly sure what happened, but long story short (or has that ship sailed?), he was on the losing end of a fight. Vet thinks it was a raccoon, Dad thinks it was a pile of wood. Let's face it, either one would kick his tucus- he's not exactly fierce. But his underside is deeply scratched and he has several open wounds in his paw webs. Poor little boy is in a cone for two weeks. ::pause for effect:: It's pathetic. Day one has not been kind to him.

But less about him and more about me: I anticipate having some amazing stories to share when I come back from my trip, and probably more photos than I will know what to do with. So if you are among the 3% that check every morning for what I have written next, I hope that this morning is a pleasant surprise and great start to your day. And the rest of you, I'll be in touch soon enough.

I do have one last favor to ask of all of my kind readers (and no, not my Readers- I'm not even sure any of you read this, ok maybe my Mom). If you happen to notice that you are the 1,000th viewer, leave me a comment and call yourself out, and I will buy you a drink at the place of your choosing! Even if it means I have to pay you a visit out of Atlanta!

À bientôt, mes amis! Bisous!

C. L. Who (trying it out)

P.S.- I will also buy a drink for anyone who can name the Griffin House reference imbedded in this post. Good night, and good luck.

0 comments:

Post a Comment